Monday, April 25, 2011

Galactic Fun Zone

We went to Galactic Fun Zone for my birthday last week.  I was a little worried because it doesn't look the greatest on the outside, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  It's run by two former MU football players, and you can tell they really put some thought into it.  They have cosmic bowling at all times (not just on Friday and Saturday evenings like most bowling alleys), laser tag, a large arcade with pool, shuffleboard, dance-dance revolution, and a whole host of other games, plus a bar/lounge.  It's a good event for kids or adults because you can pick and choose where/what you want to do.  Plus, they have GIANT tv's above the bowling lanes, which looked really cool.

One of the owners, Monte, was there when I got there and offered to open the lounge up for me and my friends, which was super nice, but we decided the bar at the bowling alley would suit our needs just fine.  I was really impressed he'd do that for us though.

We were fortunate enough to have an Add Sheet deal-of-the-day coupon, so we had a great deal on playing games and so forth.  Otherwise, it may have been a bit of a pricey deal for us to do everything.  It costs $7 a person for one 10-min game of laser tag, $7 for a game of bowling and $1 for 4 tokens to play in the arcade.  They also have food.  It's all bar food, but it's good, and not too expensive.  About what you'd expect to pay for bar food elsewhere.

My only real complaint was they clearly haven't put a ton of money into the arcade.  One of the dance-dance revolution machines was broken, as was shuffleboard, a skeeball machine, and a couple of other games.  Even without those things, they still had plenty to do, but it'd be something I'd like to see an improvement on over time.

My overall recommendation is to definitely check it out.  I'll be going back.  It was a great, fun time.
 My team lost our laser tag game, but we looked good doing it!
What a great pic of me and some of my friends!

1 comment:

  1. The hubby and I checked out Galactic Fun Zone before the bowling had opened, but we did enjoy playing the video games. Some were pretty dated (Galaga, really??) but that actually kind of adds to the fun. Happy birf-day! :D Liralen

    ReplyDelete