Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Black and Gold Game April 2011

In the springtime, the Mizzou football team holds a Black and Gold game where the team plays each other and gives fans an opportunity to scout out what the team in the fall will look like.  Normally, I go to this event because I'm a huge Mizzou fan.  However, it was FREEZING outside and the wind was a strong, bitter, cold.  I said "no, thank you" and opted out of going.  My husband is obviously a better fan than me because he braved the cold and went anyway.  I'll tell you his review in a minute, but first....

The same weekend as the Black and Gold game, the Tiger Team Store at Faurot Field has a tent sale.  We got there at 8:30am and it was one of the most amazing sales I've ever been to.  They had Mizzou t-shirts from 2008 and 2009 for $0.99!!!  They also had baseball cleats for $10, game day worn jerseys from all sports, and all kinds of other things for sale.  As my husband said, "you can't even buy a rag for $0.99!  Much less, a t-shirt!"  So needless to say, we bought about 20 t-shirts, a sweatshirt, sweatpants, gym shorts, a polo shirt, etc.  It was AWESOME because it was also Mizzou stuff, which we always like to wear if we can!

Anyway, so on to my husband's review of the Black and Gold Game:
This was a good event for kids and families because it only cost $3 or 3 canned goods for the food bank.  There was no assigned seating and lots of open seats, so kids could run around and it was no big deal.  They were also supposed to have bouncy houses, but I didn't see any.  Maybe they didn't put them up because the wind was really strong.  It was just a good event for kids to see a college football "game" for cheap and without having to worry about them sitting still.

We have zero pictures of this event.  We have got to get better about taking pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment